CalRecycle Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program - Due November 7, 2017
CalRecycle is accepting applications for the second cycle of the Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant Program. Applications for this cycle are due November 7, 2017. The purpose of the grant is to clean up illegal disposal sites on farm and/or ranch property.
Funding Levels: There is up to a $200,000 per grant award with a maximum of $50,000 per site or cleanup project ($930,000 available).
Eligibility (the following applicants are eligible for this grant program):
- Resource Conservation Districts
- Federally Recognized Native American tribes
Project Types: Within the Farm and Ranch Grant Program, there are two project types; a request of grant funds to clean up a site previously remediated (called a reimbursement grant or prior cleanup site) and a request of grant funds for a site yet to be cleaned up. The application requirements are basically the same and the Grantee must wait to incur new costs until a Notice to Proceed is received, regardless of project type.
Eligible Projects: A site may be eligible for funding if all of the following criteria are met:
- The parcel where the site is located is zoned, or otherwise authorized, for agricultural use;
- Unauthorized disposal of solid waste and/or waste tires has occurred on the site;
- The site is in need of cleanup in order to abate a nuisance or public health and safety threat and/or a threat to the environment;
- Neither the applicant, nor the property owner, nor any resident, invitee, licensee, lessee, or person the current property owner purchased or inherited from, by contract, agreement, or other arrangement, brought any of the subject solid waste onto the property;
- The aforementioned parties did not direct, authorize, permit or otherwise provide consent to another to bring the solid waste onto the property;
- The site is used, has been used, or could be used for rangeland or agricultural activities, including, but not limited to, commercial livestock, crop production, horticulture, aquaculture, silviculture, floriculture, vermiculture and viticulture;
- The site is, or was (for sites previously remediated), an illegal disposal site (i.e., not permitted and not exempt from obtaining a solid waste facility permit and is not a closed site);
- The responsible party either cannot be identified, located, or pay for timely and proper remediation; and,
- The current use, or intended future use, of the site is consistent with the definition of Farm and Ranch Property as defined in Title 14 CCR Section 17991(d).
Match: No matching funds are required.
Duration: Once a grant is awarded, the grantee will have approximately two years to complete the project. The precise term of the grant depends on when the grant is awarded. The grant term ends on March 19, 2020 and all eligible program costs must be incurred by this date.
The full grant application can be found here.
For more information on this grant or how to apply with Morrison's assistance, please contact the Morrison Grants Team by email at email@example.com or call us at 530.893.4764.