Grant funding for risk management projects now available
The Risk Management Agency's Risk Management Education Partnerships Program is now accepting applications for grant funding, with up to $99,999 available for projects that provide risk management education to agricultural producers. Applications are due June 30.
Funding can be used for producer education and training on a number of topics mitigating risk related to production, legal, marketing, financial, or human risk.
Past successful projects include:
- Food safety and farm safety training.
- Production management and marketing education for growers.
- Training on developing and implementing farm succession plans.
- Providing one-on-one technical training for farmers.
- Sharing tax management strategies with specialty crop producers.
- Helping fruit and vegetable growers increase wholesale sales through training and a "Meet the Buyers" reception.
- Assisting producers with training and education to facilitate increased agritourism.
- Record-keeping, QuickBooks, and financial management training.
Eligible applicants include commodity organizations, trade associations, cooperatives, universities, private businesses, and any group representing agricultural producers.
The full Request for Applications is available here.
Morrison has worked with the RME program for several years, resulting in more than $1.2 million in funding for successful proposals.
We still have some capacity to take on additional clients for this program, but that capacity is extremely limited. Please contact the Morrison Grants Team by email at email@example.com or call us at 530-893-4764 if you are interested in applying for this program.