Grants for Coastal National Scenic Areas Impacted by Wildfires
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Business-Cooperative Service (RBS) has announced it is reserving $2 million under the Rural Business Development Grants program for eligible projects in rural communities located on a river or ocean coastline. Priority is being given to National Scenic Areas impacted by wildfires. Applications must be submitted to the applicant’s nearest USDA office by July 6, 2021, at 4:30 pm local time.
The purpose of the program is to promote economic development and job creation projects through the awarding of grant funds to eligible entities.
- Business opportunity projects may be used to establish business support centers or provide funds for job training and leadership development in rural areas. Business opportunity projects must be consistent with any local and area-wide strategic plans for community and economic development, coordinated with other economic development activities in the project area, and consistent with any Rural Development State or Tribal Strategic Plan.
- Business enterprise projects must be used to finance or develop small and emerging businesses in rural areas.
Eligible entities include rural coastal towns, communities, state agencies, authorities, nonprofits, federally recognized tribes, institutes of higher education and cooperatives.
The total funding available for this program is $2 million. There is no maximum grant amount; however, smaller requests are given higher priority. All eligible applications will compete nationally, ranked by highest to lowest score until funds are depleted.
- Less than 20 percent of the project costs – 30 points
- Between 20 percent and 50 percent – 20 points
- Between 51 percent and 75 percent – 10 points
Applications are due to the applicant’s nearest USDA office by July 6, 2021, at 4:30 pm local time.
The Notice for Funding Availability can be found here.
For more information on this grant or how to apply with Morrison’s assistance, please contact the Morrison Grants Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 530-893-4764.