USDA Rural Housing Service is Accepting Applications
USDA Rural Housing Service (RHS) opened the application period for the Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant program with funding levels up to $150,000 as described below. The due date for electronic applications is April 30, 2020. There is also an option to submit a paper application, which USDA RHS must receive by 4:00 pm local time on May 5, 2020.
What is the Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant? USDA RHS will award Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grants to public bodies and private nonprofits for the purpose of providing associations with technical assistance and/or training related to essential community facilities programs. The technical assistance and/or training will assist communities, Indian Tribes, and nonprofit corporations to identify and plan for community facility needs that exist in designated rural areas; eligible areas include cities, villages, townships, towns and federally recognized Tribal Lands outside the boundaries of a city of 20,000 or more. Once those needs have been identified, the grantee can assist in identifying public and private resources to finance those identified community facility needs.
Who is eligible for this program? Public bodies, nonprofit organizations & federally recognized Tribes (such as States, counties, cities, townships, and incorporated towns and villages, boroughs, authorities, districts, and Indian tribes on Federal and State reservations) are eligible to apply.
What kind of project activities are eligible?
- Assisting communities in identifying and planning for community facility needs;
- Identifying resources to finance community facility needs from public and private sources;
- Preparing reports and surveys necessary to request financial assistance to develop community facilities;
- Preparing applications for USDA financial assistance;
- Improving the management, including financial management, related to the operation of community facilities; or
- Assisting with other areas of need identified by the USDA Secretary of Agriculture.
What is the funding level of this grant?
The maximum grant award is $150,000. Awards will be made from available funding on or before September 15, 2020.
Are matching funds required?
- Matching funds are not required but preference is given to applications with cash matching funds.
- In-kind contributions cannot be used as matching funds.
- Partnerships with other federal, state, local, private and nonprofit entities are encouraged.
The full Notice of Solicitation of Applications (NOSA) can be found here.
For more information on this grant or how to apply with Morrison’s assistance, please contact the Morrison Grants Team by email at email@example.com or call us at 530-893-4764.