Grants Available for Food Safety Outreach Programs
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is now accepting applications for the Food Safety Outreach program (FSOP) competitive grants program. Approximately $10 million is available in funding with applications due December 13, 2021.
What is the purpose of Food Safety Outreach program?
In FY 2022 FSOP, under Assistance Listing 10.328, will maintain and continue to grow the training, education, outreach, and coordination by soliciting new Community Outreach Projects and Collaborative Education and Training Projects. This Request for Applications (RFA) will solicit proposals for two project types:
- Community Outreach Projects s will support the development of new food safety education and outreach programs in local communities and expand upon existing food safety education and outreach programs that address the needs of small, specialized audiences whose education needs have not previously been adequately addressed.
- Collaborative Education and Training Projects will support the development of multi-county, state-wide or multi-state food safety education and outreach programs. For example, these projects will support collaborations among states not necessarily located within the same regions, but having common food safety concerns, or addressing common commodities.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applications may be submitted by the following eligible applicants only
- The Cooperative Extension Service for a U.S. state or territory
- Non-government organizations and/or community-based organizations representing owners and operators of farms, small food processors, or small fruit and vegetable merchant wholesalers that has a commitment to public health and expertise in administering programs that contribute to food safety
- Federal, state, local, or tribal agencies;
- An institution of higher education (as defined in Section 101(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1001(a)) or a foundation maintained by an institution of higher education;
- A collaboration of two or more eligible entities.
What are the funding levels for this program?
- Community Outreach Projects (award requests: $80,000 - $150,000) - An additional $150,000 may be requested for Collaborative Engagement Supplements, for a total budget request of up to $300,000.
- Collaborative Education and Training Projects (awards request: $200,000 - $400,000) - An additional $150,000 may be requested for Collaborative Engagement Supplements, for a total budget request of up to $550,000.
Is there a match a match requirement or cost sharing?
There is no cost sharing requirement.
When is the grant program timeline?
Applications are due December 13, 2021.
The Request for Applications can be found here.
For more information on this grant or how to apply with Morrison’s assistance, please contact the Morrison Grants Team by email at email@example.com or call us at 530-893-4764.