Located in Chico, CA, Morrison seeks an innovative accounting professional to join our advisory team; the successful candidate will join us in supporting our clients with Interim/Outsource accounting and related business advisory assistance. A strong accounting skillset is required but direct experience with all aspects of our services is not required; we provide mentoring and both internal training and external continuing professional education. Our hiring approach can be summed up as “Hire talent, teach knowledge.”
An accounting degree is required, CPA a plus, though we are not a CPA firm. Instead, our Interim/Outsource service line directly assists clients with a variety of accounting and related business issues. Unlike many professional service firms, travel is minimal.
- Contribute to or lead engagements in the areas of accounting and related business advisory services.
- Innovative and persistent pursuit of client business objectives.
- Serve as the “face of the firm” for our clients, helping to develop and maintain close and trusting business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting. CPA preferred.
- Four years’ relevant experience required, six or more years preferred. Combination of CPA firm and private enterprise experience preferred.
- Strong teamwork orientation and an entrepreneurial forward-looking mindset are critical.
- Food industry, agricultural, CPG, processing, and/or manufacturing industry experience a plus but not required.
- Professional-level Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience with common business software platforms (e.g., Navision, Sage, Famous, SAP, QuickBooks, etc.).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates from out of the area should explain their interest in relocating.
Talk to us about details and vesting, but along with a competitive salary our compensation includes medical insurance, 15 days PTO (paid time off) annually, a 401(k) plan with a 3% safe harbor contribution (which means you don’t have to make a match, we just contribute it), an annual bonus plan, and more. Relocation assistance considered if needed. Click here for more on what's it's like to work for Morrison.