Morrison is a multi-service business consulting firm located in Chico, CA. We seek an innovative and motivated full-charge bookkeeper to support our clients with full-charge bookkeeping, personnel, and similar services. A strong bookkeeping skill set is required but direct experience with all aspects of our services is not; we will provide mentoring as appropriate. This is a significant opportunity for the right person.
The Bookkeeper will provide services to clients including: monthly financial statement reporting, accounts receivable and preparation of billings, accounts payable and preparation of payments, payroll and related reporting, account reconciliations, and various external reports (e.g., payroll taxes, sales taxes).
- Maintain general ledger records, including A/R, A/P, payroll, and other routine bookkeeping functions.
- Prepare and input month-end journal entries; assist in preparation of month-end financial statements and other reports as needed.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation.
- Manage AR and AP, including billings, collections, and payments.
- Payroll and benefits processing.
- Monthly reconciliations of key accounts including cash, AR, AP, payroll, and others as assigned.
- Payroll tax reporting, excise and sales tax reports, property tax reports, bank compliance, and other external reports as required.
- Assist in other duties/projects as needed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting/bookkeeping preferred.
- Relevant experience/training/certifications.
- Two or more years’ experience with QuickBooks (desktop and online); experience with other accounting software a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. QuickBooks set-up and budgeting experience a plus but not required.
- Proficient in time management and organization.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Competitive wage
- Medical allowance toward company group insurance plans, or other plan employee may have, based on federal Health Savings Account “family” allowance (applied to families or singles)
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with 3% “Safe harbor” contribution (no match required)
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO). 15 paid days off per calendar year in addition to paid holidays.
- Cell phone policy. Team members may either join the company plan or receive a reimbursement up to $50/month for their personal plan.