Morrison, northern California’s largest business consulting firm focused on the needs of small and mid-sized companies, seeks a professional with strong writing, logical, and engagement management skills to serve our clients as a grant writer and in other activities. While grant writing experience is a plus, we will train a person with the requisite skillset. This is a full-time position. Due to the nature of grant deadlines, some long hours are required. Little to no travel required.
- Our approach is best described by Colossians 3:23: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” The successful candidate will be service-oriented and able to live this out in their work.
- Writing grants primarily for agricultural and energy-related programs (usually federal or state) in compliance with program rules and Morrison policies and procedures.
- Administration of grant programs for successful applicants (training provided).
- Assist with the performance of grant-funded projects in which Morrison is a named contractor. Tasks may include project planning and oversight, research, analysis, conducting surveys, etc.
- Assistance with non-grant related projects between grant cycles. Such projects might include marketing-related projects, Morrison promotional efforts, or assistance in other practice areas, e.g., recruiting or HR services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing skills. Able to convey required information in a clear, concise, consistent and interesting manner.
- Time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Able to work independently.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills. Able to work well with others and ensure the completion of projects on budget and within deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.